Re: Help on building cross compiler for ARC processor

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 06:08:52PM -0700, Tsai, James wrote:
> The Makefile was complaining about "No rule to make target crtinit.o
> ....", but I found initfini.c in gcc/config/arc directory that can be
> built into crtinit.o.

Tsai,

   Is "initfini.c" a typo?

   I'd expect a make rule for producing crtinit.o from crtinit.c or
   crtinit.s . Have a look at the rules in the makefile. Have you tried
   a find on 'crtinit.*' ?

   Is this possibly crt0.s type functionality, i.e. .data and .bss
   initialisation? Which library are you linking with? (I've linked my
   PPC cross compiler build with newlib, which has these for various
   targets. If you're going for a linux target, maybe you're using
   glibc? If so, what do you find in there?)

   Hopefully some of this speculation helps you probe deeper for the
   cause.

Regards,
Erik

--
 _,-_|\    Erik Christiansen
/      \   Registered (Debian) Linux User #216862