powerpc-linux-as addressing snaggle

G'day,

   The error message:

brtboot.s:923: Error: unsupported relocation against bargraph

   results from running:

powerpc-linux-as -Iinclude -mregnames -o obj/brtboot.o brtboot.s

   on:
  .=0x0150
bargraph:
   .skip 4

   < ... >

bump_bargraph:
   lbz   r7,bargraph(0)                   # Line 923

   Replacing the first three lines with:

   .equ bargraph , 0x150

   eliminates the assembler error, and allows the code to work fine.

   It would be great, though, if the assembler could pick up the
   variable directly.

   Am I just not holding my mouth right, or is this a dinkum bug?

   Using:
            powerpc-linux-as --version
            GNU assembler 2.13.90.0.4 20020814

   (There are no matches against "unsupported relocation against" in the
   archive, so no joy there.)

   Regards,
   Erik

Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to crossgcc-unsubscribe at sources dot redhat dot com