Re: Problem building powerpc cross - array too large?

John:

> I blew away the prefix directory and started from scratch, using
> --with-headers pointing to the headers from a circa 1998 installation.  That
> message didn't appear this time (but the build still failed).  It would
> appear that it's related to <prefix>/<target>/COPIED, which seems to hold
> the path that the headers are copied from.  When I used --without-headers,
> this file contained the string "no"; now it contains the original path of
> the headers.

One other thing comes to mind.  Make _sure_ your $PREFIX/bin directory
is in your search path FIRST, before /usr/bin, et al.  I've seen
configure screw up and try to run native tools when the path wasn't
done this way.

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff
Affordable GNU and Linux training and consulting services.