happy ending : Re: adding c++ capability to a crosscompiler

thanks all for your help . That was the right direction to look :
the missing headers where in the file sdtlib.h
but erasing parts or all and trying again did not seem to work in my case.
this is what i did :

in the last step to create cross gcc i added to the long command line
--with-headers=/path_to_missing_lib/mipsisa32-elf/include

where

the missing lib was in /home/henri/tools/mipsisa32-elf/include
i assume that they were placed there by the newlib install

the newer version of gcc is more demanding for the c++ , I had
to apply several patches to the monitor program .
produced the binaries with the new compiler this morning
and flashed the memory . The test version of the monitor works as before

the modified procedure was tested on the 3.1.1 gcc and 3.2 gcc.
the test executable was produced  and verified with the 3.1.1 gcc

the xcompiler was done on a redhat 7.2 os.

thanks again to all

Henri