Re: cross-gcc build for a linux host for the msdosdjgpp target problem

2boxers <2boxers@comcast.net> wrote:

> Kai,
> Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately, I am still having issues, although
> I think I may be getting closer.  Hopefully this is something you can help
> me with.
>
> After I made the links from the build dir I was able to build libstdc++-v3
> without those ctype_base.h errors.  When I tried to compile using
> i686-pc-msdosdjgpp-g++ I could not because the linker was looking for
> libstdcxx.a and all that was there was libstdc++.a

 Unfortunately I'm a little hurry now, and I can answer to these
DJGPP2-issues first in Sunday evening... But some 'pre-release'
now...

 Generally the configuration settings (IMHO) are seriously broken
and only the native DJGPP-host/target GCC has been thought, so
this is the big problem. The 'gcc/config/i386/djgpp.h', for the
DJGPP2-target, defines this for all hosts, which of course is
totally wrong... It also defines other things which belong to the
DJGPP2-host, not to the DJGPP2 target. Apples and oranges are
mixed with much worry...

 So I will suggest some fixes to the DJGPP2 host/target issues
later... But you could wrap the 'LIBSTDCXX=-lstdcxx' with

  #ifndef CROSS_COMPILE
  #endif

in 'gcc/config/i386/djgpp.h' or totally remove it... Please see the
comment with it and judge its sanity!!!  There are many weird things
there...

Cheers, Kai