question on search list for libraries

Hi,

I've got a question on the search list for libraries. I'm skipping some
details here to keep the message short so my motive may not really be
clear. I've built a uClibc compiler for mipsel-linux on both my
linux host and my embedded system. They are built in different
paths. (part of the problem) When I do

	gcc --print-search-dirs

on the embedded side I get this for the libraries.

  /opt/uclibc/lib/gcc-lib/mipsel-linux/3.2/
  /usr/lib/gcc/mipsel-linux/3.2/
  /opt/uclibc/lib/gcc-lib/mipsel-linux/3.2/../../../../mipsel-linux/lib/mipsel-linux/3.2/
  /opt/uclibc/lib/gcc-lib/mipsel-linux/3.2/../../../../mipsel-linux/lib/
  /opt/uclibc/mipsel-linux/lib

My runtime environment doesn't look in these directories (the different
built path problem) What I'd like to be able to do is have the compiler
look in /lib and /usr/lib so both the runtime dynamic loader and compiler
can find them. This will keep me from having 2 copies of each library -
an accident waiting to happen - or using symbolic links for my library
dirs. How can I do my configure so /lib and /usr/lib are searched?

Thanks.

--
Joel Coltoff

The greatest derangement of the mind is to believe in something because
one wishes it.
    -- L. Pasteur 1876