Re: New issue.

Dan wrote:
> > /tmp/cchpXXqK.s:2: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.little'
> > /tmp/cchpXXqK.s:16: Error: alignment not a power of 2
> > /tmp/cchpXXqK.s:19: Error: invalid character '.' in mnemonic
>
> You need to override your PATH so you get the right 'as' --
> gcc is trying to assemble with your workstation's normal assembler.

Hmm. I suppose you're right. But, when I arrange things so that the correct
'as' will be used during compilation, I get another error:

as: unrecognized option `-Qy'
make[1]: *** [g++spec.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/dc/build-gcc2/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

I figured that maybe I needed a more recent version of binutils; perhaps
the -Q option is one which was introduced into a newer version. So I
compiled binutils 2.13 for a sh4-linux target. But I still get that error.

Furthermore, I find it odd that I have to 'mv as as_temp' and 'ln -s
sh4-linux-as as' to get the correct 'as' to be called. I guess I don't
understand how the compiler chooses which 'as' to use, since there are at
least two to choose from on my system at this point.

--JT
http://zhaymusic.com/