Re: Problem while building sh4 cross-compiler.

Dan wrote:
> > I've run into a snag, alas. During compilation of sh4-linux-gcc, ...
> > It seems that "gengenrtl" (along with a bunch of other similarly-named
> > programs) is built DURING compilation.
>
>  Post your script so we can see it?

My "script" is the article which Bill posted on linuxdevices.com. Check it
out at the following URL:

I'm currently at the very bottom of Part 3, "Rebuild the cross compiler".

Thus far, I've followed Bill's instructions almost exactly, aside from
downloading a more recent version of the sh-linux kernel. I doubt that would
affect the compilation of the cross compiler, though.

> Sounds like you used the wrong compiler when building your final
cross-compiler.

Hmm. Y'know. I took another look at the instructions by Bill, at it seems a
stray "CC=sh4-linux-gcc" got in there (where the instructions are to compile
glibc). Perhaps that was carried over to the gcc compilation. Which would
make sense, because I was doing it all in the same terminal session.

I guess I'm just a huge dumbass. Because it works now that CC isn't defined
as sh4-linux-gcc. ;P

Oh well. Thanks for the help. Hopefully I won't run into any more snags.

--JT
http://zhaymusic.com/