Re: Need help configuring uclibc as a native compiler for mipsel

Hi Joel,

If you are using both glibc and uC-libc on the same box, it would be
better if you used a separate library.

Also does your MIPS platform have an MMU?

Are you going to statically link your application or use a shared library?

What OS are you running natively on the MIPS-EL box?

You can still use your standard GCC if:
a - force it not to use the standard libraries and link each library by
hand on the command-line including libgcc
b - replace glibc from the GCC installed location and replace it with
uClibc
c - don't replace glibc from the GCC installed location and place uClibc
there with it (make sure uClibc and glibc have different names); then
change the specs file for GCC to handle the two different libraries
differently
d - use a wrapper shell script to link uClibc manually by forcing it not
to use the standard libraries

Faisal