Re: How to build applications for an embeded linux target using newlib ?

Hi William.

Thanks for your response.

>>Newlib can be used as a linux runtime, starting with version 1.10.0.
This is the version i use.

>>If you have a properly built and installed newlib, you should be able
>>to do powerpc-eabi-gcc and the library (libc.a) will get linked in
>>automagically.
No errors reported within the log files of make and make install

>>I don't think you want a powerpc-eabi toolchain, I think you want a
>>powerpc-linux toolchain.
I have built gcc with --target=powerpc-eabi configuration.
Should i use --target=powerpc-linux for the gcc configuration too ?

Is newlib in a "ready to use" (all built libs and headers) state available
for my target ?

I try to build newlib again with configuration --target=powerpc-linux
--build=i686-pc-cygwin

Best regards
Mathias