WinNT => FreeBSD cross compiler (CygWin compiled): is that possible?

Hello everybody.
Forgive me if this has been covered but searching with google doesn't get me any results.

There's an i386 machine running Windows 2000 which is used for web develepoment.
Occasionally now there is need to compile the product for FreeBSD as well, to run
on a FreeBSD host, to which no shell access is available.  The desireable solution to this
would be having a Win2k to FreeBSD cross compiler.
Following the crossgcc faq, binutils have been compiled but compiling gcc (gcc3 exactly)
ends with failure -- on the stage of building libgcc I guess.

So, the question is, is that really possible to build such cross compiler and if it is,
could you please provide me with any refs or faqs (or maybe a binary release available?)
to this or say that it's not for sure -- that could be my bad for I don't have much experience
in this area.

Thanks,
Vsevolod.