Re: Gcc-3.0.4 make fails

James Fitzsimons wrote:

> I have just tried building with the following configure command:
>
> bash2.05 james@localhost ~/projects/source/build-gcc %
> ../gcc-3.0.4/configure --enable-languages=c,c++ --target=$target
> --prefix=$prefix -v
>
> And when I tried a 'make all install' it bombed again. All the errors seem
> to be in a file called builtin-attrs.def. I have no idea if this is
> something that can be fixed easily... The last few lines of the make out put
> are below (there were more errors to do with builtin-attrs.def higher up in
> the log as well).

 The last few lines unfortunately are without a meaning here, instead you should
show the first line where an error happened. The later errors normally will be
triggered by the earlier errors, so starting to look at the errors from the first
one is much more sane...

> ../../gcc-3.0.4/gcc/builtin-attrs.def:126: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once
> ../../gcc-3.0.4/gcc/builtin-attrs.def:126: for each function it appears in.)
> ../../gcc-3.0.4/gcc/builtin-attrs.def:127: `ATTR_FORMAT_PRINTF_2_3'
> undeclared (first use in this function)

 A quick check showed that these things should have been defined earlier with
some macros, but they failed... The first error will tell the reason and putting
it here will surely help us to help you...

 BTW, what are the possibilities for producing a OS X targeted cross-toolkit ?
Are prebuilt "OS X target (Darwin) standard C headers and libraries" available
somewhere ?  Are the sources for the OS X target binutils available somewhere ?
(The GNU binutils don't seem to know about the 'Mach O' format mentioned in the
GCC-config headers for Darwin...)

Cheers, Kai