Re: Can't build gcc-2.95.3 with g++ for m68k-elf

Wolfgang Fritz wrote:

> For my "real life" applications I have one problem that I couldn't solve
> up to now. I have one application which needs a special linker script
> which is conflicting with the default linker script from the specs file.
> I have the following entry in the specs file:
>
> *link:
> %{!T:-T dt.ld%s}
>
> which LOOKS to me as it would mean "If there are no -T options on the
> linker command line, use the default dt.ld, otherwise don't". That is
> what I want. But dt.ld is always used, and my special application gives
> nice error messages during the link.

 The 'specs' file will be read by 'gcc', not by 'ld', so the logic goes:
"If there are no -T options on the gcc command line, put the option '-T dt.ld%s'
onto the 'ld' command line, otherwise don't"...  But 'gcc' wouldn't understand
the '-T' option because it is a option for 'ld'... So the right way is to put :

	*link:
	%{!Wl,-T*:-T dt.ld%s}

there, because the linker options are given using the '-Wl,<ld_options>'
on the 'gcc' command line...

Cheers, Kai