RE: cross compiler sparc m68k

  Peter, I am right in thinking that it fails when building the *target*
version of libiberty, yes?  From one of your earlier posts:

make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj-crap-g++-2.95.3/m68k-
elf/build-gcc/m68k-elf/libiberty'
make[2]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj-crap-g++-2.95.3/m68k-
elf/build-gcc/m68k-elf/libiberty'
make[1]: *** [../libiberty/libiberty.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj-crap-g++-2.95.3/m68k-
elf/build-gcc/m68k-elf/libstdc++'
make: *** [all-target-libstdc++] Error 2

  IIRC, libstdc++ doesn't actually use this libiberty; it's just provided
as a convenience (hah!)  Have you tried just cd'ing into the target
libiberty directory

/home/pbarada/work/cvs-wavemark/cross-linux-tools/obj-crap-g++-2.95.3/m68k-e
lf/build-gcc/m68k-elf/libiberty

and doing "touch makefile; touch libiberty.a" ?  You might need to make a
few subdirs under there and make dummy libiberty.a in those as well to
recreate the effects of multilibbing, if that's relevant, but then if the
libstdc++ doesn't actually link with libiberty, the build should complete.

      DaveK
--
Burn your ID card!  http://www.optional-identity.org.uk/
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com