Problem with GNU AS and assembly for ARM

Hi all!

I'm working with cross-gcc and related tools for an
arm-elf target and I'm trying to port some asssembly code,
that was successfully accepted by Arm SDT compiling
tools, to gnu tools built for ARM and running under cygwin.

Here is the error message I found:
(I found a lot of similar error... :-( )

filename.s: Assembler messages:
filename.s:58: Error: Internal_relocation (type 208) not fixed up
               (IMMEDIATE)

where the error line code is:
    orr     r2, r2, #HwPortABCD_NAND_CLE

The value of #HwPortABCD_NAND_CLE is defined in the file
config.inc with the line:
	.equ	HwPortABCD_NAND_CLE,0x00001000

and this assembly include file is included in "filename.s"
at the beginning:
#include "config.inc"

Can please anyone explain me which is the reason for
this kind of error?
And most of all... which is the solution?
Thanks a lot in advance,
bye,
		Igor.

BlueWind          Embedded Systems Design
Via Steffani 7/B
31033 Castelfranco Veneto (TV)
Office  +39 0 423 723431
Fax     +39 0 423 744738