Re: Compile option

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:23:34AM +0100, Daniel.Andersson@combitechsystems.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When i build my project i use a file as input to the compiler where all the
> flags, include path etc are specified. It works fine but since the project
> has grown a bit the compile file has become quite large and it is hard to
> know what everything means. Is it possible to add comments in this file? If
> so, how is it done?

I guess you can try prepending # or ; or ' or ! which would
be the most common comment markers...

However, upon trying your "@file" solution I found it
doesn't work for me, so I'd advise again to go for a proper
makefile:

# comment 1
INC=-I../../NodeManager/Include

#comment 2
INC += -I../../Include

OPTS = -mcpu=850 -gdwarf2

CFLAGS=$(INC) $(OPTS)

all: somefile.o

and that's about it, type "make" and voilą. Side effect,
when your project starts having more than one file, you'll
only have to recompile those files you actually changed.
(well, that's what make was for in the first place!).

HTH