Variable passing C -> assembly, for m68k?

Hello,
	I'm writing (and porting) some assembly language routines and need to know
how gcc handles variable passing. I've read through "Using and Porting GCC",
but can't find anything specific. It appears that in some architectures it
uses the stack in others registers. I know I can use inline assembly and
operand constraints, but would prefer to use standalone assembly programs
that can be called from my C program.
	Where could I find the specific details for how gcc handles this for the
m68k? Did I overlook it?

Thanks in Advance,
Larry Gray
larry@greenmotor.com