Re: arm-elf cross compiler on cygwin - again

> After a brief moment of happiness, the world  fell apart again :-))

:-(

> In function `operator new[](unsigned long)':
> ../../../../gcc-3.0/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/new_opv.cc:35: undefined
> reference to `LLSDA1'

> Can someone explain what's going on here ??

Yep, the exception handling code in the C++ libraries is stuffed.  The
full story is complex, but basically, the dwarf2 exception handling model
was changed fairly late in the release process and the ARM back-end didn't
catch up.  As a result, it fell back to using setjmp/longjmp unwinding,
and the tables in this format trip a bug in the compiler when used with
dwarf2 debug format (the default for the arm-elf back-end).

I filed a PR about this earlier this week, but I'm hoping that 3.0.1 will
revert back to having proper dwarf2 based unwinders by default.

R.