Re: Using gcc together with Visual Studio

Hi,

> >Thanks for your answers! Now i can use Visual Studio as my IDE for my gcc
> >compiler. However, i cannot use the "source browser"
> >compability in Visual
> >studio i.e. see all references between classes. I think that i have to
> >produce a seperate file, exept for the .o file when i compile
> >the .cpp file.
> >It should be a .bsc -file. Does anybody know how to make these files?
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/Makefile
>
> it has example rules to build a .sbr file
>
> #First Rule : Make a SBR file. This file contains the static browse
> information used by the
> #             Microsoft developer studio. The compiler of the developer
> studio is used to
> #             create this file.
>
>         DaveK
>
>   I dunno if that'll serve the same purposes as a .bsc because I
> haven't used any of this stuff myself, but it must be worth a try.

AFAIK SBRs are intermidiate files in the way of building BSC. I was playing
with this stuff today and found that Makefile above is
a little incomplete. It generates SBRs but doesn't BSC. So I had to add
appropriate command (BSCMAKE) at the linking stage.

Meantime I wrote sample HW application that can be compiled using different
compilers/targets (e.g. cygwin, mingw, msvc) and
has some integration with MSDEV (e.g. source browsing, error navigation).
You can get it at. http://www.ocslab.com/~boris/hw.zip and prepare as you
want.

HTH,
boris