Re: Help! Errors when building a Linux hosted Compiler for lynxOS2.5 / Alignment not a power of 2

Manoj Solanki wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Just to let you know, i no longer get the 'command not found' errors, but still
> get the ' Alignment not a power of 2' message ...   Anybody know how to fix
> this??

 Just search from the archives of this maillist.... This problem was
discussed a
month or so ago and the patch was published, for 'gcc/config/coff.h' or
something.
It is a problem coming from different interpreting of the '.align n',
the 'aout'
targets taking the 'n' as written and the 'coff/elf' targets taking it
as a power
of two... So a '.align 5' is not allowed as being 'power of 2'...

 Perhaps your native 'as' was found first, not the lynxos-one... What
does the
'./xgcc -print-search-dirs' or the './xgcc -print-program-name=as'
(please check
this option with the './xgcc --help') say about the search paths for
'programs'
or about the used 'as' ?  Checking these things (that the right 'as' and
'ld'
will be used) is normally the first operation when having problems with
'as' or
'ld'...

 Perhaps your problem comes from not using the '--with-gnu-as' while
configuring,
the LynxOS has as default its own 'as', even in a cross-compile
situation...
Anyway the cross-lynxos things were also discussed six monts or so
ago... Some
guy from Rohde-Schwartz (my mind is black if this was wrongly
written....) had
also problems with it and I remember it being related to the
'--with-gnu-as'....

 BTW, you don't have the '/new_gcc/bin' in your PATH or something,
because you
get those 'i386-unknown-lynxos-ar: command not found'-messages... You
should
have the 'usable-by-the-user'-tools' with the 'i386-unknown-lynxos-'
prefix
there with your configure-settings after installing the binutils...

Cheers, Kai