Work on new CrossGCC FAQ underway

Guys:

Just to let you know, I haven't forgotten about my new responsibility
as the CrossGCC FAQ maintainer.

I've started working on it, but quite frankly, I'm not happy with the
direction it's heading in.  The basic outline at the moment is
unchanged from its current form, which causes problems because certain
types of information are specific to targets, while others are
specific to hosts, while still others are specific to tools.

It's always been like that, of course, but as the number of
gcc-supported targets with individual hacks (i.e. arm-linux) has
increased, discussing them coherently and concisely in the current
format generates lots of verbage.

As for new directions, I'm currently leaning towards a faq-o-matic
inspired approach, where there is no hiearchy at all, each section is
sort of standalone.  This means that there will be a section on
building host=cygwin/target=arm-linux, and a different section for
building host=pc-linux/target=arm-linux.  Or something like that.

I'm liking this strategy, because it lends itself to links like "how
do I build an arm-linux crosscompiler that runs under Cygwin?" and
thus makes the document very browsable.  It's a big rewrite, though,
so it'll take a few days before I can show anything of value.

Heck, is there any interest in running the "real" faq-o-matic for
this?  I'd be happy to host it on my box...

Thoughts?

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff