RE: intuitive IDE for gcc on linux ?

If I had a dollar for every time this question came up I wouldn't
need and IDE anymore :)  Just kidding.  There are so many options
available that the question needs to be asked periodically.  The
time proven answers are to use (x)emacs or vim.  Both have the
capabilities to build and debug from a key command.  Visual Slick
Edit make a nice editor that works very well as an IDE once you
configure in the standalone debugger, ddd.  Then there are there
is kdevelop, kdestudio, code crusader, RHIDE and source navigator
and a bunch of GNOME based IDEs - all in various stages of
development.  All that I have tried can be used in a cross compile
environment.  Most of these tools have a user specific menu
placeholder that can be used to launch a commandline downloader.
Also many provide key commands to call command line source control
programs.  Though several are tied directly to CVS.  Browse the
Software Development category of freshmeat.net to get a sampling
of what is available as open source.

Regards,
Mark
--