Cygwin to PowerPC: problem with inline functions

I have built gcc for cross-compiling from Cygwin to PowerPC, and I am having
problems with inline functions. I have tried the command line options -finline,
-finline-functions, -finline-limit-$(SOME LARGE VALUE) and -Winline, but none of
these options cause functions to be inlined or generate warnings when a function
declared inline is not inlined. Are there any other command line options that I
should be using or are there certain options that I must give to configure for
gcc to support this feature?
--
Paul Mikell
Rare Ltd                Telephone: +44 (0) 1827 883 400