Re: CYGWIN To Solaris question-progress

hi,

Rafal Furdzik - GM Corner wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your reply. I think I found those libraries at
> http://www.sunfreeware.com/solaris_2.5_list.html#gcc2951 :
>
> 1)  libstdc++-2.8.1.-local.gz. GNU libstdc++, the C++ library required by
> the GNU C++ compiler 2.8.1, g++. Installs in /usr/local.
>
>  Is this the one I need ?
See below.
> After unziping the first one I got
> libstdc++-2.8.1-local, one big file. I think maybe it is the installation of
> the lib.a, necessary to compile my code for Solaris .
> Do you know how to
> unzip it on my Cygwin machine ?
You need a gnu unzip (but see below first)

> 2) libstdc++-2.8.1.tar.gz   Source Code.
>
> This looks like the source code for the first one. Is this the one I need ?
> I gess those are the includes necessary to build my gcc.
Not quite. These are the includes to libstdc++ (a standard C++ lib, as
the name suggests). You would either need glibc headers and binary or
original Solaris libc headers and binary. Try glibc first. Should be
easy to get. Start with the source code. Use the includes first as
stated in my previous post and build libc when you've obtained your
cross-compiler. It may be necessary to do the steps in the following
order.
	1. unpack glibc
	2. configure glibc, regarding the target and crosscompiler (which is
	not there at the moment.)
	3. unpack gcc
	4. configure gcc (target, headers)
	5. make and install gcc
	6. make and install glibc

When compiling for the target you will need the libc.a and build
everything without shared objects. I would see these things as next
steps, when you have the static build of software working.

Regards,
	Stefan.