Re: CYGWIN To Solaris question-progress

Rafal Furdzik - GM Corner wrote:
> I'm very new to all this GCC stuff. Can you tell me at least what files
> exactly I need. Where are those located on my Solaris 2.5.1 box ? Where
> should I place them on my Cygwin box ? Thanks in advance for your help.
Usually you find the libc-includes in /usr/include or better in the
corresponding libc-Package of Solaris. Place them anywhere on your
Cygwin-Box and add
	--with-headers=../where/your/headers/are/include/
to your configure call. The binaries should be /usr/lib/libc.a .
The libc.a you have to place in that way, that the linker will find them
(You don't need the libc.a to build gcc or libgcc.a but to create
the executables for Solaris with your crosscompiling tookit.)

> I'm searching web trying to get those include and libs files. It could be
> much easier if gcc developers put those lib and header files in gcc package.
Since they're different for the operating systems this would be a lot to
do. (alwas keeping track with all OSes.

> One guy here said that you really do not need those include files and you
> can even create empty files. What do you think about that ?
I would assume it a bad idea. libgcc should build on top of libc. You
can create a bare bones compiler, but this knows nothing of the target
system (Especially not what it can use and what not.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
	Stefan.