Re: gcc compile

Hey!
Am Sam, 20 Jan 2001 schrieben Sie:
> >  To the best of my knowledge there is only a ppc target simulator for gdb.
> >I don't know what you are referring to when you say "That=B4s why the code
> >crashes on the simulator"; is it that you have an ARM simulator that is
> >separate from the GNU software, maybe a commercial product?
>
> This isn't true, in fact.  GDB ships with simulators for several cpus, including
> ARM.  Take a look in the `sim' subdirectory of the source tree for the full
> list.

Unfortunately the ARM simulator does not support the several CPU modes, that
the ARM7TDMI has. I made a software trap using "swi", and the pc was set
correctly to 0x8. It did also execute the jump instruction from this place
leading to my own swi handler. But when leaving it, returning to the
code containing the swi, the mode was still 0x10, which is not supervisor
mode.

Jens-Christian

> p.
>

> ------