RE: gcc compile

  Yep.  Sorry, but it's for powerpc only.  The GDB debugger comes with a
ppc simulator, and the -sim flag compiles code to run with it.  There aren't
simulators for any other cpus.  This is from the "IBM RS/6000 and PowerPC
Options" section of the manual:

----------snip!--------------
-msim
On embedded PowerPC systems, assume that the startup module is called
`sim-crt0.o' and the standard C libraries are `libsim.a' and `libc.a'. This
is default for `powerpc-*-eabisim' configurations.

       DaveK
--
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com