Re: Where are _modsi3.c and/or _modsi3.o?

At 06:16 PM 6/24/00 -0500, Christopher Bahns wrote:
Can anyone help on where to find the code for the __modsi3 function?

We are having the same kinds of problems here with the powerpc cross compiler.  Math functions are poorly (if at all) documented, I am afraid.  If someone can point to a good reference, I would be very grateful.  We're about to embark on the construction of a FP math emulation library, and I honestly have no idea where to start on that yet.  It does not appear to be part of newlib :^(  However, I have digressed...

Bonus question:
Is there a GCC option to generate an assembly listing without affecting
the build process. I know about the '-S' option, which generates
assembly code INSTEAD of object code (unless I'm just not using it
right).

YES!  Here's something cut from our makefiles:

        $(CC) -S $(CC_OPTS) -o $(DIR_ASM)/$*.$(SUFFIX_ASM) $<
        $(AS) -X $(AS_OPTS) -o $@ $(DIR_ASM)/$*.$(SUFFIX_ASM) -alh=$(DIR_LISTING)/$*.$(SUFFIX_ASM_LISTING)

The important part you're interested in is the "-alh=listing_file_name.  I think this should be pretty self-explanatory with the macros not expanded, let me know if not.