Re: [More help ...]

OK ,
Here is my setup :

binutils 2.9.5.14.
gcc 2.95 (also egcs 1.1.2)
linux kernel 2.2.14
glibc 2.1.1

First , my binutils built fine.(touch wood).
Then the gcc 2.95 went thru' good.(  " )
 I did a make config on the kernel source and created the headers.
(The intel site says that a way to verify header creation is to check fro
include/linux/version.h , which exists. Is this check enough ??)
Also , I have symbolic links to include/asm and include/linux inside my
prefix/include.

When I tried to build glibc last week with gcc 2.95 , the configure script
plonked saying that the version of gcc was old / bad.

So I decided to go to egcs1.1.2, thinking it was new. From your mail , I
gather egcs1.1.2 is older than gcc 2.95. Makes sense, since the gcc 2.95
contains more added support for processors.

Why would the glibc freak over the gcc version then ??

Please advice ,

Krishna.

Doug Evans <dje@transmeta.com> wrote:
Kumar Ramanathan writes:
 > Now I have a egcs-1.1.2 installed and I'm trying to create a
cross-compiler
 > similar to the above. But the configure script fails, saying :
 > target arm-unknown-linux not supported.
 > Configure in gcc/ has failed. Exiting.
 >
 > Now when I checked the configure script inside the gcc/ , it HAS NO CASE
FOR
 > THE arm-linux-elf !!!!!!
 >
 > Can someone help me with this ???

egcs-1.1.2 is much much OLDER than gcc-2.95.