cross compiler Sparc-Solaris -> PowerPc

Hi all crossgcc suscribers!

As the title mentions it, I would like to build a cross compiler for a Powerpc
target.

So,
-I downloaded every GNU Tools,
-configured and installed binutils
-configured gcc but when I wanted to make it, (I proceed exactly as it was
described in the mail from Janne Andersson that I would like to thank for all
the details of her progression!)  I got the following fatal error after 3-4
hours compilation :

`iostream.list' is up to date.
cd tests; make all ...
cd testsuite; make all ...
cd tests; make all ...
cd testsuite; make all ...
Configuring in powerpc-eabi/libchill
checking if compiler cc1chill has been built... yes
checking for gcc... /local/cross/build-gcc/gcc/xgcc
-B/local/cross/build-gcc/gcc/ -B/local/ppc/powerpc-eabi/bin/ -idirafter
/local/cross/build-gcc/powerpc-eabi/newlib/targ-include -idirafter
/local/cross/gcc-2.95.2/newlib/libc/include -nostdinc
checking whether the C compiler (/local/cross/build-gcc/gcc/xgcc
-B/local/cross/build-gcc/gcc/ -B/local/ppc/powerpc-eabi/bin/ -idirafter
/local/cross/build-gcc/powerpc-eabi/newlib/targ-include -idirafter
/local/cross/gcc-2.95.2/newlib/libc/include -nostdinc -g -O2 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `configure-target-libchill'

Does anyone know a possible reason of this error ( C compiler cannot create
executables)and give me an hint on it ?
Thank you in advance and please excuse my poor english :), I am a French who
actually try to improve his language!

		Johann