M68k a.out grief

In order to use a particular in-circuit emulator, I switched  from a GNU
2.95.2 m68k-coff target format to a GNU 2.95.2 m68k-aout format. However, I
am running into problems creating a linker script that provides even a
minimum level of output section control. For example, my COFF script creates
a ".vectors" section, specifies that the data part of my vectors module (a
vector table data struct) go into this section, and locates the section at
the base of ROM. The a.out linker seems not to allow me to specify any
section different from the standard .text, .data, .bss. Does anyone have any
a.out linker script examples or techniques that provide more flexible output
section control?

Thanks!
Alex