Re: tx39 simulator timer questions

"Frank Ch. Eigler" wrote:

> Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com> writes:
>
> : [...]
> : I hate to crosspost like this but I need to find someone who is
> : knowledgeable about the TX3904 and/or its simulator in gdb.
>
> The ChangeLog says all!
>
> : [...]
> : But between an error reading the PDF Toshiba documentation :)
> : and the simulator, I am confused about the requirements/sequence
> : to make the timer do this.  [...]
>
> It may help if I clarify that this extension to the plain mips
> simulator was done in order to let eCos run on it.  So, if you take a
> look at how the eCos tx39 HAL talks to the hardware, and you copy the
> relevant couple of lines, chances are that the sim will work
> sufficiently well for RTEMS too.

I would like to thank Frank for his help.  I am now getting the
clock tick and have console output working on the simulator.

Here are a couple of things that are important to know about
this simulator:

  1.  configure for tx39*-* otherwise the tx39 device support
      and instruction set are not turned on.  [The mips simulator
      configuration is complicated because there are lots of
      CPU models and ISA variations.]
  2.  The timer counts instructions.

Frank.. does the simulator have a mode for an R4000 class CPU
that supports the timer they have?

> - FChE

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985