Questions about i386-elf-gcc

Hi all,

I have built a coss-compile tools chain for i386-elf according to http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/win-i386-elf.html instructions.
I did some experiences and, in general, they work well. But I found three differences relatively to the documentation, and I don't now if it is a feature or it is a bug.

1º - The symbols marked with extern "C", produced by the compiler, don't have underscore.
2º - The main function don't call __main at the beginning.
3º - When using exceptions, and when an exception is threw, the function terminate is always called. The catch construct never acts.

I use the documentation on page http://www.redhat.com/support/manuals/gnupro.html
Is that the right documentation?

Some elucidation is appreciated.
Thank you.