Building a Cygwin version of GCC that targets the PowerPC...

>   A couple of things jumped out at me from that text file:-
>
> >get cygwin, and source for binutils-2.10 gcc-2.95.2-core, gcc-2.85.2,
> >newlib-1.82
>
>   I don't understand this. Surely gcc-2.95.2-core is a subset of what's
> in gcc-2.95.2, so that step should be unnecessary?

true, but I've never been able to figure out a simple way to configure it so it
just builds a core - If anyone knows a straightforward way, please let me know
;)
This is the just the way I learnt to do it, and it's pretty foolproof.

> >for some reason the build produces a gcc spec file with CR/LF's rather than
> >LF line endings, so convert  the line endings on
> >
> >/usr/target-powerpc/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-unknown-eabi/2.95.2/spec
>
>   The reason for this would be that the drive on which you're doing
> the build is mounted in text mode, most likely. If you have a binary mode
> mount point in your cygwin setup, you can create a build directory there,
> and it should work fine.

Hmm. nope. here's my output from mount

$ mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
C:\cygwin\bin       /usr/bin            user         binmode
C:\cygwin\lib       /usr/lib            user         binmode
C:\cygwin           /                   user         binmode

Rob Taylor
Flying Pig Systems