Re: .elf to .bin (making an image)

Shaun Jackman <sjackman@ed.gray.internal> wrote:

> How do I create an image of an executable suitable for burning into flash?
> I have a .elf, so a file converter would do.

Use objcopy from binutils.

> Or, is
> there a way to get an ld script to link the .bin in with a symbol at the
> start of the dump?

You can list your .bin as an object on the link line (indicating the input
object format as binary) and use the linker script to direct it where you want
it to go.

--
Michael Sokolov		Harhan Engineering Laboratory
Public Service Agent	International Free Computing Task Force

Phone: +1-214-824-7693 (Harhan Eng Lab office)
E-mail: msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (ARPA TCP/SMTP) (UUCP coming soon)