Re: Library and linker errors

Hi D.Evans,

I think that will probably fix it :)

The reason i'm using ld separately from gcc is because the steps
i use are:
- in the process of completing each file, i'll do several
  compiles, with options set so that i can see the assembler
  output code with C source as comments,
- then a gnu-make is done with my own makefile that compiles
  the various files if necessary with gcc, then links them
  with ld, using my own linker script. I used ld separately
  so that i could use the linker script to specify where the
  eproms are etc.

This cross-gcc is the first time i've used gcc, and i didn't
know how to adapt the output memory map to my system. If gcc
can interpret a linker script, maybe i can make some changes...

I am compiling with -mh for the H8/300H option. The problem of
having H8/300 library files in /usr/local/h8300-hms/lib was the
cause of my last heap of errors! I fixed that by copying the
files from /usr/local/h8300-hms/lib/h8300h into this directory.
I'll see if i can make h8300-hms-gcc do this in an automated
way.

Also, for ones own custom hardware, are these linker scripts
supposed to be of any use?:

/usr/local/h8300-hms/lib/ldscripts/h8300h.x
                                   h8300h.xbn
                                   h8300h.xn
                                   h8300h.xr
                                   h8300h.xu