Re: General embedded development kits using gcc/gdb.

Craig,

The vision you describe below is the driving force behind our development
at Simple Network Magic.  We see so many companies that need embedded
Internet and Network Managament, but don't have the time or $ to do
in-house development.  We provide a complete package, including compiler
binaries, a kernel and drivers already ported to the hardware, etc (you
can view at www.snmc.com/products.html).

Our drawback is because of our small size we cannot handle a wide range
of processors as you described.  We have restricted ourselves to PPC only,
and our next product will be based on the PowerQuick II.

Thanks for "the rant".

Daris Nevil
SNMC