How can I build crossgcc for thumb-elf?

   I found that the target thumb-elf was added to gcc on Fri Jul 31 1998 from ChangeLog file in the source directory of gcc 2.95.2. So first I built binutils-991229 snapshot with configuration options --target=thumb-elf --prefix=/usr/local/thumb-elf and succeeded (i've heard that binutils-2.9.5 was released but where is it? i can't find.)  and then also tried to configure gcc 2.95.2 with the same option above but failed. the script just said "Configuratoin thumb-unknown-elf not supported". What should do I to get the cross compiler for thumb-elf?
   To talk more about my job, I'm participating porting Linux to ARM7TDMI based embedded system and I've done generating binutils, gcc cross compile tools, glibc for ARM, and now struggling to make remote debugging using PCI interface available though furthermore we aims at using ethernet interface.
   Thank you for your help in advance.

Lim, Sung-taek
totohero@poppy.snu.ac.kr
http://poppy.snu.ac.kr/~totohero/