RE: Object equivalence using gcc on different hosts ??

Hi,

> If both hosts were Unix flavors I'd say there's no problem
> (you'd have to remember to tell gdb where the sources are
> if the directories are different).
> Dunno if I've ever tried debugging a program on Unix that was
> built on NT (or vice versa).  Dunno if Unix gdb would trip over
> NT path names.

I can't answer all of your question, but I can tell you for sure that
Linux-hosted gdb will NOT trip over NT path names so long as you are careful
that they do not appear  as backslashes in the debugging information. I had
a problem trying to debug using gdb on Linux, an application which was
Win32-compiled for the Linux target, when the path names were represented as

	Drive:\\directory1\\directory2\\file.cpp

Having made sure that all the final (i.e. preceding the filename) '\\' were
changed to '/', and including the paths to the code in my .gdbinit file,
everything worked fine. You can also change all of the '\\' to '/' in each
path and that works too. My suspicion is that you do not need the paths to
the sources in the .gbdinit file then, but I have not tested this.

Regards,

Kevin.

Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to
crossgcc-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com

Kevin Farrell
Software Developer
<mailto: kfarrell@seagull.nl>

SEAGULL IRELAND
Swords Plaza, Main street, Swords, Co. Dublin, Ireland
P.O.Box 6751, Swords.
Tel.   +353 1 8903090, Fax  +353 1 8903089

http://www.seagullsw.com/