sprintf allocates mem from heap if use %f

Hi All,

I discovered that when I use floating point formats in calls to sprintf()
(eg %f) then a small amount of dynamic memory is required. My system does
not require any dynamic memory but I would like to be able to use sprintf()
to format floating point values. Is there anyway of not using dynamic
memory, short of patching the library (newlib) or writing my own floating
point formating routine.

TIA
David Williams.