Re: Spam

I know people don't read long notes.  I know people aren't interested in
details.  But folks, please, if you want to send me a comment about spam
on the list, read what I wrote in my mailing list move announcement first.

Here, I'll repeat myself.

   The crossgcc@cygnus.com address will forward mail to
   crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com for a while longer.  In a while (say
   a month), I will disable this forwarding and set up an auto-responder
   at the crossgcc@cygnus.com address.

   Why not continue forwarding indefinitely?  Because I can't enable
   the spam blocking measures until I stop forwarding the @cygnus.com
   mail to @sourceware.

   In addition--I'm really sorry about this--I can't even restrict the
   posting access to subscribed people only while this transition is
   in place.  So for the next couple of weeks, the amount of spam will
   probably _increase_ on the list.  Then I'll disable the forwarding
   and the spam will all but disappear.  So please hang tight for the
   next few weeks.

I don't want to come down on anyone, but I grow tired of individuals
sending me mail telling me that the spam has increased since the list
move.  I know it has.  It will be fixed in a couple of weeks when I
disable the @cygnus.com to @sourceware.cygnus.com forwarding.

Jason