Re: gcc 2.95 crossed from linux to i386-coff

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Gregory Gerard wrote:

> I'm trying to build gcc 2.95 for an i386-coff target and I'm dying when it
> tries to compile libgcc2.c (it can't find the header files unistd.h and
> stdlib.h)
>
> How do I get this to work?  There is a #if directive surrounding the
> inclusion of these files named inhibit_libc, but I don't know the
> ramifications of forcing that flag for just that file and don't know the
> correct place to turn it on in the configuration or the make.

I think all you need to to is to invoke make as follows:

make LANGUAGES=c GCC_CFLAGS=-Dinhibit_libc

or, if you want c and c++ support, say

make LANGUAGES="c c++" GCC_CFLAGS=-Dinhibit_libc

At least, that was what one did back in the days of gcc-2.7.2.  Presumably
someone else will chime in and correct me if this has changed.

Mike
--
C. M. Heard/VVNET, Inc.
heard@vvnet.com