Re: Linux --> AIX cross compiler questions

> Hello again and thanks for all your help.  I made the t-xaix43 file with
> the "LIBGCC1_TEST =" change described below and rebuilt the compiler.  I
> got past the libgcc1.a stuff just fine and now I'm getting this error
> during the libgcc2.a stuff:
>
> _muldi3
> Assembler messages:
> Fatal error: invalid listing option `6'
> make[3]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1

 Sounds familiar... Did this come from some assembler source file in
'config/rs6000'?  I haven't the sources now, must boot Linux first to see...

 No, now I remember, the '-maix64' option in the MULTILIB-definitions causes
this, it knows the '-a', '-i' and the '-x', but don't know the '-6' option.
I think that I mentioned that this must be taken away... Hmmm...

>> But the 'aix64' variation of 'libgcc.a' for aix4.3 didn't succeed, GNU as
>> puked about the 'aix64' option, so I stripped it away from the 't-xaix43'
>> multilib definitions (The '/aix64', the directory name and the equals-row)

 Just remove the requirement to produce 'libgcc.a' using the '-maix64' option.
The things in:

----------------- clip ------------------------
MULTILIB_OPTIONS	= msoft-float \
     mcpu=common/mcpu=power/mcpu=powerpc/maix64

MULTILIB_DIRNAMES	= soft-float \
     common power powerpc aix64

MULTILIB_MATCHES	= msoft-float=mcpu?403 \
     maix64=maix64 \
     mcpu?power=mpower \
     mcpu?power=mrios1 \
     mcpu?power=mcpu?rios1 \