Re: *** Floating Point Unavailable ***

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Scott Howard wrote:

> e.van.hoek@philips.com wrote:
[ ... ]
> > 2) Where can I find the file that gcc uses as default startup-file?
>
> The startup file is crt0.S
>
> > 3) How can I disable this default startup file?
>
> You can't, at least not without a lot of compiler hacking. The best
> approach is to add a line of assembly code in your main () function like
> this:

<snip>

With older versions (2.7.2 et. seq) of gcc it was possible (at least when
using gnu-ld) to organize things any way you wanted by writing a linker
directive file to replace the one that gcc uses by default.  Granted, most
of my experience is with MIPS, but I recall doing similar stuff with ppc
about two years ago.  Is this not still possible?

Mike
--
C. M. Heard/VVNET, Inc.
heard@vvnet.com