i386-pc-solaris2.7 to sparc-pc-solaris2.7 cross compiler

I've built egcs-1.1.2 and binutils-2.9.1 to cross compile from
i386-pc-solaris2.7 to sparc-pc-solaris2.7 (I originally wanted an
i386-gnu-linux to sparc-sun-solaris2.7 compiler but I gave up on that one
ages ago) and have run into difficulties when I want to use sparc
libraries.

A quick 'hello world' will build and statically link fine. Anything a bit
more complicated just doesn't link and complains about dlopen() and
dlclose() being missing. I was hoping someone could give me a push in the
right direction as to where I might find information on getting the
linking stage working. Ideally it could cope with dynamically linking the
libraries on the target when the binary is run.

TIA,
Terry