Re: Code Gen problem calling functions through pointers.

> Dave, I like your suggestion but have the following problem. Some of the
> functions I call through vectors have different parameters and return
> types. Also I believe that the compiler will still type check a function
> correctly as long as the cast specifies the correct parameter and return
> types.

Agreed, of course.  Casts just bother me because they bypass the type system
and have to be verified by hand.  We're starting to use the new C++ style
casts to separate the more benign types (static_cast<>()) from the truly
dangerous types (reinterpret_cast<>()).  The strange symbols static_cast and
reinterpret_cast are also much easier to grep for.

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.