gdb

O.K.
I'm getting ready to try and build xgdb,  I started by trying to build gdb
4.17 native to linux  (I had already successfully build and installed egcs
1.1.1 native and cross versions, binutils, 2.9.1 cross only, and newlib
cross only.

when I went to build the native gdb, it was looking for termcaps, linux
appears to be terminfo based, so I haven't been able to hack around this,
since linux came with gdb, I'm sure there is something I'm missing,

Any clues...
GT