Re: Win32-hosted CrossGCC to m68k-elf target

From: "William T. (Tom) Taylor" <ttaylor@ateng.com>
>It seems that EGCS 1.1.2 is the compiler I need to use, and
>that i586-cygwin32 hosting is supported.  The problem is that
>I don't know how to select ELF as the target format.  It doesn't
>accept m68k-elf as a target.  Is this supported?  If so, what do
>I need to do?

m68k-elf support has been in the snapshots for a few months now.  I was
hoping it would make it into the 1.1.2 release, but apparently not (I
think the goal of 1.1.2 was to fix the more serious bugs, and very few
new features were added).

Your best bet would be to grab one of the snapshots.  I've been using
m68k-elf on egcs-19981206, so anything after that should have it.  I'm
not sure which snapshot would be the most stable.  Or you could diff the
appropriate files in the snapshot against 1.1.2 and hack in the m68k-elf
changes yourself.
--
John A. Breen
jab3@hotmail.com