Re: Interrupts with GCC/EGCS

On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 10:02:09PM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
>   > - note that #pragma interrupt
>   > and __attribute((interrupt)) in the Hitachi SH target (where I looked first
>   > for example code) seem to be broken because they use global variables ...
> I don't follow how the use of a global variable necessarily makes the code
> wrong?  Can you give more details?

I am not familiar with gcc internals, so I am not sure why it went wrong -
however, I exactly copied everything from sh3 to m68k, and the effect was
that when compiling a program with multiple functions, where one had an
interrupt attribute, the function *before* this one had the interrupt code
generated (save/restore all regs, and rte), and not the correct function
(IIRC, this was with -O2).

> Looks basically correct.  To get it installed we'll need a copyright
> assignment.  Once the copyright assignment has been filed, I'll look at it
> in more detail.
>
> http://www.cygnus.com/egcs/contribute.html

OK, I'll have a look at this.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen