Re: Help with building cross egcs 1.1.1

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, Mumit Khan wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Martin Imrisek wrote:
>

> > CC  -DSVR4  -g -O2 -I./include  -I. -I. -I./config \
> > -c ./objc/hash.c -o objc/hash.o
> > In file included from ./objc/hash.c:31:
> > objc/runtime.h:31: stdio.h: No such file or directory
> > objc/runtime.h:32: ctype.h: No such file or directory
> > In file included from objc/runtime.h:38,
>
> Provided you've put all the required runtime (headers/libs/etc) in the
> right places (pointed to by prefix/exec-prefix), do the following:
>
>   $ cd <objdir>/gcc
>   $ make installdirs
>   $ cd .
>   $ make ...
>
> Regards,
> Mumit

Mumit,

thank you for the response.  I'm still having some trouble building the
cross compiler.  I've disabled the Objective C compiler build since I will
not be needing it.

The errors I get are still related to the header files that were not
found.
Are the unistd.h, stdlib.h headers that are being searched for the
target or the host headers?  If they are target headers, at which point in
the build process are they generated?

The host headers are in /usr/include, while the cross compiler that I am
building is being installed in a tree under my home directory.  I have
successfully built binutils-2.9.xx and installed it in that directory
and this is what $prefix points to.

_muldi3
./libgcc2.c:41: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
./libgcc2.c:42: unistd.h: No such file or directory
gmake[2]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/tcm/m/m/gizmog/accounts/imrisek/compiler/egcs-1.1.1_m68k/gcc'
gmake[1]: *** [stmp-multilib-sub] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/tcm/m/m/gizmog/accounts/imrisek/compiler/egcs-1.1.1_m68k/gcc'
gmake: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 1

Martin